DOS screen capture program...?

Subject: DOS screen capture program...?
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 22:42:02 GMT

-> I need to find out which program, or utility, would be ideal
-> (possibly excellent) for capturing DOS screens? Any ideas? Any
-> suggestions?
-> Does HIJACK work for DOS screen captures? I know, friends don't let
-> friends do DOS, but, hey, what can I say?

I found myself fatally allergic to Hijaack. I have used HOTSHOT for DOS
screen captures, and found it acceptable. It has some cute features --
automatically increments file names, does bulk conversions from its
text-based format to a (small) variety of bitmap formats, automatically
adds nice round-cornered borders if you want, and has a truly awful
bitmap editor.

Are you working in Windows or strictly in DOS? If you're doing Windows,
I recommend LVIEW as a screen grabber -- you can snip just the 'client'
portion of a window, including DOS windows, and save them immediately in
your choice of formats: BMP, JPG, TIF, PCX, ad infinitum.

You can get LVIEW by FTP or WWW from just about anywhere. For Hotshot,
call Symsoft at 702-832-4300. That's their tech support number, they may
have an 800 number too, try directory assistance for that.

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
MSI * Connecting the world 805-873-2500