Certification Exists, Gang!

Subject: Certification Exists, Gang!
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 13:55:00 -0500

From: Price, Becca
Subject: RE: Certification Exists, Gang!
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 1995 12:43PM

Dick Dimock wrote:

>There already exists a method of "Certification" as tech
>writers. It is called "College Degree".

in the minds of a lot of employers (mine included) the college degree is the
lowest common denominator - so expected you don't even look for it. But
outside professional certifications, now that's another matter. Sort of
like going for a P.E - it's a little gauge of how serious you are about
your profession. My employer is so charmed with certifications that he'll
pay you $500 for each new one you get. So for example, a programmer friend
just got certified with PowerBuilder (the second person in our state) - our
boss paid for the classes, plus shelled out the bounty.

my problem is, to get certified in, for example, Microsoft Word, you have to
know a lot more about WordBasic than how to structure a document.

-becca