Re: Acrobat/Folio/Lotus Notes

Subject: Re: Acrobat/Folio/Lotus Notes
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 08:04:51 EDT

LaVonna,
We have had experience with all of them. I'll just describe them briefly for
you, as I am short on time right now, and later I'll send a description in
depth.

Folio Views 3.0
I think is the best of the bunch. It can do almost anything, from importing
standard word processing files to creating text in the application itself.
Great hyperlinking capabilities and other features. Big setback: you gotta pay
for each person runtime version to read it.

Adobe Acrobat
Next best. You cannot create in it, that is done in your resident word
processing package, but that is probably better. It allows for colors,
hyperlinks, bookmarks, but is not as powerful as Folio. Best Feature: the
reader is free and can be distributed to anyone with the .PDF files. We are
purchasing this for our firmwide inhouse documents.

Lotus Notes 3.1
We use this as a database and comms package. You can create electronic
documents in it, but you need Notes to view them. Help goes out to Lotus Notes
help, not into a WINHELP type environment. Limited graphics capability.

This should do for a start. If you have any specific questions, please send
them. I'll expand this overview by tomorrow for you.

david dubin -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com