Re[2]: Standard conventions for navigation

Subject: Re[2]: Standard conventions for navigation
From: Debbie Lemasters <Debbie -dot- Lemasters -at- MARCAM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 17:32:24 -0400

Microsoft included its 400-page "The Windows Interface
Guidelines: A Guide for Designing Software" on the
Windows 95 Beta CD.

In that document, in "Chapter 12. User Assistance," are
some pointers for writing various kinds of help text. You
can use those pointers for writing books as well.

If you have the CD, browse through it (using File Manager
or some other visual tool) until you find a directory path
with "pubs" or "docs" nested in it. I can't remember any
more about the path or the file name.

If you don't have the CD, you might be able to access
this document from Microsoft directly:

ftp.microsoft.com

I wasn't successful in getting any documents from the ftp
site but I'm still a novice at ftp sites and www home pages.
(I also don't have all that useful Internet navigating software
here at work. I have to use UNIX commands.)

Debbie Lemasters
debbie -dot- lemasters -at- marcam -dot- com