Re: "computer" glasses (was Progressive Lenses)

Subject: Re: "computer" glasses (was Progressive Lenses)
From: Marsha Wolicki <cmawta -at- TAUX01 -dot- NSC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 09:20:04 IDT

I just came back from a physiotherapy session in which I was told
that the pain in my upper arm and my inability to raise it to the
side were caused by the position in which I hold my head in front
of the screen. I believe this diagnosis since this is my third
session and I already feel the benefits of the corrective actions
I have implemented and the exercises I am doing.

I have Varilux lenses and a large screen. In order to see the
top half of the screen I have to raise my chin and look through the
lower portions of the lenses. I plan to get a pair of glasses for
use in front of the screen only.

Like many on this list, I like the Varilux lenses and thought they
would be good for work. I suggest to those who use them in front
of a screen that you pay attention to your posture, especially the
upper neck, when you are using them.

Marsha
cmawta -at- taux01 -dot- nsc -dot- com