Using Acrobat and Frame for E-docs

Subject: Using Acrobat and Frame for E-docs
From: Anil Jain <anil -at- CORP -dot- CIRRUS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 10:44:00 EDT

Form: Memo
Text: (24 lines follow)
We're thinking about using Adobe Acrobat for our e-docs. Our source files
are in Frame 4.0.(moving to 5.0 next month).

I would like to hear from people who have used this Frame/Acrobat
combination to produce electronic books. Here are my main concerns:

1. When you create a .PDF file using Acrobat, are the hypertext links
embedded in the original Frame file preserved? In other words, do you have
to insert the links all over again in the Acrobat file?

2. How easy (or difficult) is it to create Acrobat files when your Frame
files are in a book. Does Acrobat allow cross-file hpertext links and search
capabilities ?

3. Are there any cross-platform viewing/printing problems that you've
encountered for the .PDF files?

Thanks!