Re: WORD: Amber or Yellow

Subject: Re: WORD: Amber or Yellow
From: "Cheverie, Paul [Cont]" <paul -dot- cheverie -at- CANADA -dot- CDEV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 17:33:00 EDT

Beverly,
As one of the 'ex-military types', I have no idea why not yellow.
Possibly could have something to do with the old saying
"military-intelligence", if you know what I mean.
Regards,
Paul
paul -dot- cheverie -at- canada -dot- cdev -dot- com
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: WORD: Amber or Yellow
Date: Friday, July 14, 1995 11:04AM

Okay, this one is for all you current and ex-military types out
there. I'm reading a users guide for a work planning database.
One of the db fields is called Status, and the values are Red,
Amber, or Green. My question: Why Amber? What in the blazes
is wrong with Yellow?

I don't want to hear "because that's the way the military has
always done it." I'd like a real, logical reason if one exists.

If they want to get fancy with yellow, I say they should use
Ochre, Amber, and Chartreuse.

This Friday's nit-pick brought to you by

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=