Re: Help on phraseology

Subject: Re: Help on phraseology
From: Bill Burns <WBURNS -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 08:43:49 MDT

Sue writes:

>>I really and truly do not like using "Hand-Holding" as an option in
the dialog, but for the life of me can't think of anything better.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

How about using "basic" instead of "Easy//Hand-Holding"?

Basic mode takes the user step-by-step through editing a journal
format.

This way, you avoid the suggestion that people who take the initiative to
learn the program by using it must have their hands held. Generally speaking,
people who use this mode might do so because they haven't yet mastered the
program, so they probably won't be put off by the suggestion that this mode is
basic rather than, say, intermediate.

Bill Burns *
Assm. Technical Writer/Editor * LIBERTY, n. One of imagination's most
Micron Technology, Inc. * precious possessions.
Boise, ID *
WBURNS -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM * Ambrose Bierce