Alternative to long Mails

Subject: Alternative to long Mails
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 14:02:00 -0600

It looks like we're going to continue to get 3, 4, 5 or more complete messages
reposted from some folks, so if the download time for messages is getting a bit
much for you, you might want to try reading the newsgroup bit.listserv.techwr-l
instead. (That is, of course, if your service provider offers it. I get
newsgroups at home, but have access to very few from work.)

Yes, the reading has to be done on-line, incurring connect charges. But if the
messages are long, or are too liberally sprinkled with topics you're not
interested in anyway, selecting posts to read by author and subject line could
very well save you money over the course of the day.

It's not a perfect alternative, but it may help.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124