Re: Neck and shoulder pain

Subject: Re: Neck and shoulder pain
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 19:33:00 -0400

About six months ago I was visiting with a co-worker of mine and noticed
what appeared to be a very large and long, popped latex rubber balloon
lying on the floor. What it was, which is pretty neat: a relatively
inexpensive way to exercise large muscles, to relive stress, after long
periods of sitting/typing/peering-at-the-monitor-till-you-go-blind.

She explained that she'd bought it at the kind of store that sells devices
to aid the physically disabled -- I guess the doodad I'm describing would
be used by paraplegics, for example, to keep good muscle tone in their
upper bodies. The original purpose of this "exercise strap" had nothing
to do with office workers; funny how technology can cross lines like
that. People like my friend to help the process along; God bless 'em.

BTW I did try it out. It's basically a long piece of balloon-type latex
rubber, hollow in the middle, quite stretchy, and you'd be amazed at how
much resistance it can provide!

PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org