Covers and color

Subject: Covers and color
From: Richard Dimock <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 13:32:55 PDT

Slight side track, but not much:

At my previous company, we were having the usual troubles
getting review comments back on time. We came up with a
special 3-ring binder just for review copies.

It had "REVIEW COPY" in huge letters in fluorescent
pinkie-orange, with a jaggie typeface that made you think
you were seeing quadruple. Highly nerve-jangling, absolutely
ugly.

This had two advantages:

a) The reviewer got rid of it ASAP by reviewing

b) If the reviewer was too iron-stomached to be
nauseated, and hung on to the copy, we could
just cruise the halls and easily notice who
had these copies. They stood out from all the
other office clutter.

It worked.

Dick Dimock
AT&T Global Information Solutions