Re: HTML Editors

Subject: Re: HTML Editors
From: Rob Sullivan <robsulln -at- VMS2 -dot- MACC -dot- WISC -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 23:36:28 -0500

>having
>used Netscape 1.0 and 1.1, with all the enhanced goodies of "Club Netscape"
>has to offer and now using the final Beta of Mosaic, I'll take NCSA Mosaic
>any day. Thier caching is faster, there "file reading" is faster and I like
>the GUI somewhat more aswell. THhere is, at least on my machine, a 15 - 20
>percent speed increase, when loading the same url's. . . .

>Stui

Interesting that Mosaic might be staging a comeback, as I began with M. a
year ago but then found Netscape 1.1 to be a vast improvement.

Something that has not been mentioned in this thread, though, is ease of
editing hotlists/bookmark lists. Netscape 1.1, unless I'm missing some key
feature, is a royal pain when it comes to copying, moving, duplicating,
transferring Web bookmarks. It's one of its most salient drawbacks, IMHO.

Are there remedies for this (relatively minor) annoyance? Does the new
Mosaic offer more flexibility here?

Rob
ROBERT SULLIVAN
Director, Canadian Medical Work Force Study | Voice: 608-265-5410
Wisconsin Network for Health Policy Research | Fax: 608-263-4885
University of Wisconsin-Madison | Internet:
203 Bradley Memorial 1300 University Ave | ROBSULLN -at- vms2 -dot- macc -dot- wisc -dot- edu
Madison, Wisconsin 53706-1532 USA |