Re: Covers and color

Subject: Re: Covers and color
From: Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 12:54:55 -0400

A very simple and cheap way of surveying is just by calling a few
local potential users (local law enforcement officials, in this case) and
explaining that you want to take a few minutes of their time to
give an opinion. It is surprising how easy it is. People love to
offer their opinions! No need for hiring a company to do the survey.
Plus, you really need a handful of pot. users for starters.
Laurie

> Ya, surveys are the cats meow, when it comes to satif\sfying an audience.
> But as you pointed out, the "agencies" do not come cheap. And I couldn't
> agree more or be more emphatic about leaarning the basics of seurveying.
> Take Dicks word for it, the time you invest in laerning at least the basics,
> will be well worth the effort in the long run. Try and gain a contact, or
> at least someone with survey experience and ask them questions from time to
> time. Be honest with them. They really shouldn't mind, as you arne't going
> to pose any threat to their business and if you're having to do a "littlle"
> surveying yourself, you probably can';t afford their services.

A very simple and cheap way of surveying is just by calling a handful of
local potential users (local law enforcement officials, in this case), for
starters, and
explaining that you want to take a few minutes of their time for them to
give you their opinion. It is surprising how easy it is. People love to
offer their opinions! No need for hiring a company to do the survey, and no
other experience is required than than questioning skills we already use in
this profession.

Laurie