Re: Help! Caught in the upgrade treadmill...

Subject: Re: Help! Caught in the upgrade treadmill...
From: Rick Lippincott <rjl -at- BOSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 08:33:07 EDT

Matt Ion said:

>That usually works the other way around. A Pentium will still run a DOS 3.3
>version of WordPerfect.

But not always. I've got an old copy of MultiMate that runs fine on my XT,
but won't work on my 486/66. The 486 is literally too fast for the software.
I also have a Spanish language tutorial with a similar problem: due to the
clock-doubling structure of the 486, timed tests and drills zip by in half
of their alloted time.

However, for -most- cases, Matt was correct.

Rick Lippincott
Boston Technology
Wakefield, MA
rjl -at- bostech -dot- com