Re: Words to live by...

Subject: Re: Words to live by...
From: Howard <howardg -at- SAVVY -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 15:16:25 -0400

Matt --
I think that the quote you are referencing comes from _The Elements of
Style_, and was penned by EB White:

"No one can write decently who is distrustful of the readers intelligence,
or whose attitude is patronizing."

Unfortunately, by posting this I may seem to be distrustful and
patronizing. Ironic, eh?

-- Howard howardg -at- savvy -dot- com
Technical Writer
Computer columnist for _Ohio Valley Computing_
Co-Author of the IDG book _Internet Gizmos for Windows_

"I've been recycled seven times and escaped myself twice."
-- Philip Levine, The Escape (poem), 1994