Re[2]: URL

Subject: Re[2]: URL
From: kls <kls -at- HILL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 11:03:51 EST

According to Newton's Telecom Dictionary, it is Uniform Resource
Locator. In the data and telecommunications industry, this is also the
terms we use. Does anyone have any references that say otherwise? I
understand that Universal is also used, but not necessarily "official."

Kara
kls -at- hill -dot- com

Subject: Re: URL
Author: SSipahigil -at- EWORLD -dot- COM at Internet
Date: 7/26/95 9:49 PM

On 7/26, Nora wrote:

<My boss asked me what URL means, and I had to say I didn't know. Could
anyone tell me?>

If I'm not mistaken, there are two interpretations: "Universal Resource
Locator" and "Uniform Resource Locator". I don't think there is really any
difference; they both refer to World Wide Web addresses. For example,
http://www.apple.com is the URL for Apple Computer's WWW page.

Does anyone know if there is a "correct" interpretation?

Stuart Sipahigil
Technical Publications Coordinator
Modernfold, Inc.
ssipahigil -at- eworld -dot- com