Re: Tech-writing and source code

Subject: Re: Tech-writing and source code
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 10:02:31 +0800

Renee Cornelisen (rcornel -at- SLC -dot- unisysGSG -dot- com) said:
> The digest of July 26, 1995 included a post regarding a job for a senior
> tech-writer at Novell, in Utah. It required knowledge of C and the ability
> to read and understand source code. Is that something tech-writers do?

Renee -

It can't hurt. But I would check further at the interview.

Do they mean that it will be helpful for you to be able to get a quick
answer from the source, rather than have to wait until you can get an
answer from a developer? That's a good thing.

Do they mean that the developers don't like talking to tech writers,
because their code is so lucid that you are simply there to decorate
their brilliance, like a monk illuminating a mediaeval manuscript?
This would worry me.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) Voice: +61 9 328 8288
Functional Software Fax: +61 9 328 8616
PO Box 192
Leederville, Western Australia, 6903