Re: Hideous grammar

Subject: Re: Hideous grammar
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 22:33:25 GMT

-> Hideous thought: is this passing into common usage? I know the
-> grammarians among us cringe at some of the recent alterations to
-> common English usage (e.g., using "they" as the gender-neutral
-> alternative to "he" or "she"). I can live with things like that, but
-> the " 's " plural really raises my hackles (or is it "hackle's").

One of my former co-workers figured out, all on his own, that the
letters "n" and "t" should always have an aopostrophe between them,
hence "wan't" and "sen't".