Re: Embarrassing boo-boos

Subject: Re: Embarrassing boo-boos
From: Kevin and/or Lisa Hodge <klhodge -at- NETLINE -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 1995 01:47:02 GMT

My two personal confessions:

When documenting what we call a turnkey system (that is, all the
components are included - the idea is "plug-and-play"), I once called it
a turkey system. Luckily, one of my reviewers caught it in draft form.

I wasn't so lucky when I had several thousand reference guides printed up
for a telephone user's interface that instructed users to press 1 to
rewind, 2 to pause, and 3 to fast forward. It should have been 7, 8, and
9. The options I described actually erased the message!

Fortunately, my boss was very understanding and even laughed about it,
but he'll never let me live it down!

Lisa