Re: clicking [on]

Subject: Re: clicking [on]
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 1995 10:33:44 IDT

For the most part I don't use "on" with the verb "to click." I
talk about clicking a button or a selection-box or anything else
the only purpose of which is to get clicked. But I sometimes find
myself writing "click on" when what's getting clicked is an item
of graphics or text that has other, additional reasons for being
on the screen and is not directly analogous to something you
could click in real life...

Mark L. Levinson | E-mail: mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il
Summit Design (EDA) Ltd. | Voice: +972-9-507102, ext. 230 (work),
Box 544 | +972-9-552411 (home)
46105 Herzlia, ISRAEL | Fax: +972-9-509118
"Graphics are especially useful for drawing readers into the book."
- STC Intercom