Online response "cards"

Subject: Online response "cards"
From: Barb Miller <millerb -at- TCPLINK -dot- NREL -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 13:18:19 MDT

We're getting lousy response (1 in two months) on an online survey on
the Internet. Our client wants demographic and other info that we
hoped to get thru the survey. We are also updating the web page to
make it a little easier.

My questions:

What kind of response have Techwhirlers had on online surveys? Have
you used incentives to increase the response rate? If so, what?

Would you view our web page and survey and get some comments to me on
how we might improve it?

How can we get the info without the survey?

I know we can track "gets," but don't know it that will give us the
info we want. People may be accessing the info thru a university but
not actually a part of it.

The URL for the web page is

http://www.nrel.gov/documents/cities_counties/cities_counties.html

Click on comments to get to the survey.

Thanks for any help you can give. We're all really new at this and can
use help from the "experts.'

Barb Miller
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
millerb -at- tcplink -dot- nrel -dot- gov