Re: Exercise and Tech Writers

Subject: Re: Exercise and Tech Writers
From: Charles Good <good -at- AUR -dot- ALCATEL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 22:43:52 GMT

I saw a small pamphlet (years ago) that was intended for secretaries
who were working in high throughput word processing pools (circa 1980).
The pamphlet was full of simple exercises that someone could do at
their desk.

Some were motion exercises such as roll your neck around in one direction
then reverse the roll. Another was extend your arms and make circular motions.

Some were based on simple isometric resistance techniques such as
placing your hands together (like a child praying) and push in with
equal force on each hand.

Other exercises were designed to be done in or with your chair. For
example, leg lifts and 90 degree knee flexs. Another example was stand
behind your chair, use the chair's back as a hand rest and do incline
pushups. There were 20 or so of these exercises.

I have not seen anything like this pamphlet in years. However, lately,
I have seen FYI health tip sheets on exercises one can perform at their
desk to limber up fingers and wrists after long sessions with the mouse.

Hope this helps.