Re: Help - OS/2 screen captur

Subject: Re: Help - OS/2 screen captur
From: David Mitchell <mitchell -at- SOLAR -dot- SKY -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 05:19:36 +0000

> Note that the files are now in .BMP format.
> Bit maps prepared in OS/2 are not necessarily going to work in Word for
> Windows. Maybe someone else can tell us why.

OS/2 BMPs are different than Windows BMPs. I don't know all of the subtle
differences, but all you really need to know is the two file formats
are not the same. Certainly, the fact that the file extensions are the
same does not mean the format is the same. (For example, two files
with a DOC extension are not necessarily the same format.)

There are a number of tools that can convert OS/2 bitmaps to Windows
bitmaps. For shareware, try PaintShop Pro. There is no change in the
picture quality or resolution. I have sometimes seen a shift in the
color palette, however.
David Mitchell (mitchell -at- sky -dot- net)