CORRECTION: Re: Readability statistics - what limitations? (fwd)

Subject: CORRECTION: Re: Readability statistics - what limitations? (fwd)
From: Nancy Hoft <itech -at- MV -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 09:54:18 -0400

I sent this thing off without thinking about it first. What I should
^^^^^^
have written here is most formulas use English as the language from
which you gather readability statistics. So, perhaps these formulas make
sense for native English-speaking audiences (I don't think so, but you
might), but they make no sense when applied to other languages.

On Tue, 1 Aug 1995, Nancy Hoft wrote:

> The other limitation with Readability statistics is that most of these
> formulas were developed in the United States and are, IMHO, culturally
> biased.

Nancy Hoft, itech -at- mv -dot- mv -dot- com
INTL TECH COMM SVCS
RR2 Box 493 Moran Road
Temple, NH 03084
Telephone: 603.878.4540