Re: More power, more speed (the real story)

Subject: Re: More power, more speed (the real story)
From: "Matthew B. Hicks" <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 10:06:25 -0600

On Wed, 2 Aug 1995, Diana Ezell wrote:

> I realize that many of you are probably inescabably entrenched in the
> "Win-tel" phenonmenon, but if you check all the current PC trade rags,
> you'll see that the PowerPC RISC-based processor from Apple Computer, Inc.
> is flying by the competition. If I were you and in need of new equipment, I
> would try to convince my purchasing department that the PowerPC is the way
> of the future and it is the best system available.

And if that's a problem because you're documenting a Windows product,
just drop in a PC card for $400-600 and you can run the PC product and
document it on a Mac (lucky you).

Windows95: the MacPlus you always wanted.

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * Down with Windows!
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* Down with Bill Gates!
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* Down with the Evil Empire!