European Community: Directive on Machinery

Subject: European Community: Directive on Machinery
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 10:42:00 LCL

Hello Rick,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von rjl -at- bostech -dot- com an All am 26.07.95

rr> Alexander posted a rather lengthy document dealing with CE Mark
rr> requirements.

It was a bit more than that: The original paper by the European Community
defining the legal basics of dealing with (potentially dangerous) machinery.

rr> If this document is what I think it is, I may be able to cut
rr> through some
rr> of the legalese and explain the impact it had on tech manuals
rr> at my last job.

In that post, I tried to deliver some framework. I showed, that there was a
separate chapter dealing with documentation. I think that chapter (about as
long as my whole posting) would be worth to be discussed separately. But only
you showed any interest in that topic. So I'll let it go...

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander