Re: HTML & SGML lists

Subject: Re: HTML & SGML lists
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 11:51:33 EDT

>>Topic: SGML (discussion, said to be less friendly)
>>Address: LISTSERV%DHDURZ1 -dot- BITNET -at- CUNYVM -dot- CUNY -dot- EDU
>>Message: subscribe SGML-L Your Name

The tone varies. This list doesn't actually see a lot of traffic. Maybe if more
of us use it, the pace will pick up.

>>Topic: SGML (discussion, said to be more friendly)
>>Address: comp-std-sgml-request -at- naggum -dot- no
>>Message: subscribe comp-std-sgml Your Name

This is the address for discussions of the Standard itself. Most of the
discussion centers on upcoming revisions to the Standard, not on how to use
SGML itself.

comp-text-sgml is the mailing list portion of the comp-text-sgml newsgroup. I
believe that the subscription info is the same, just substituting the c-t-s
name. c-t-s is a discussion group for SGML users. The tone varies, but I'd say
that it is one of the best moderated, best run and most useful lists I follow
(sort of like this one). Just don't bring up PDF, ok?

Best,

/chet

Chet Ensign
Director of Electronic Documentation
Logical Design Solutions
571 Central Avenue http://www.lds.com
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 censign -at- lds -dot- com [email]
908-771-9221 [Phone] 908-771-0430 [FAX]