Sample Mission Statement

Subject: Sample Mission Statement
From: Paul Gerle <paulg -at- VALPAK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 15:48:24 -0500

Greetings, all!

I am proposing to use the following Mission Statement to guide
all of our activities within our Technical Publications Dept.

It's kind of "blue-sky", but it is intended to be so. Please provide
comments for improvements.

Thanks in advance.

TECHNICAL PUBLICATIONS DEPARTMENT

STATEMENT OF MISSION

The ultimate objective of the Technical Publications department is:

To provide excellent service to all customers, internal and external, by
providing the highest quality, on-time documentation in a productive,
growth-oriented environment.

"Excellent Service" means:
Understanding and responding to documentation and customer needs in an
efficient and timely manner.

"Customer Needs" are:
Written, visual, training, and multi-media materials which facilitate
understanding of the computer technology used at Val-Pak.

"High Quality" means:
Complete, current, accurate materials, produced on-time, using tools and
software designed to allow the author to concentrate on creativity and
accuracy, not the tool.

"Productive Environment" means:
Providing all of the tools and other resources necessary for skilled,
motivated authors to produce high-quality documentation and related
materials.

"Growth Oriented" means:
Providing all employees of the Technical Publications department a clear
career path, opportunities to express ideas, freedom from discrimination,
and access to the best tools and resources available.

What do you think?

Paul Gerle, Manager
Technical Communications
Val-Pak DMS, Inc.