Question: Building a multi-document TOC using Word for the Macintosh?

Subject: Question: Building a multi-document TOC using Word for the Macintosh?
From: Steve Jong/Lightbridge <Steve_Jong/Lightbridge*LIGHTBRIDGE -at- NOTES -dot- CREDTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 11:54:29 EDT

I have a quick question: my colleague is trying to build a multi-document Table
of Contents using Microsoft Windows 6.0 on a Macintosh. I know how to to it on
a PC:

{TOC}
{RD pathname1}{RD pathname2}...

But when he tries the same thing on his Macintosh he gets the error message
"Cannot open file referenced on page i."

What is the syntax of "pathname" that Word accepts on the Macintosh? It
doesn't accept just the filename, and it doesn't accept
drive:directory:directory:filename.

Please send mail directly to me -- there's no need to burden the list.

Thanks!

-- Steve