Re: Plug & Play?

Subject: Re: Plug & Play?
From: "tmweditr -at- world -dot- std -dot- com" <tmweditr -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 02:48:30 GMT

Matt Ion (mion -at- direct -dot- ca) wrote:
: On Wed, 26 Jul 1995 09:30:00 -0400 you wrote:

: >The term Plug and Play is gaining popularity these days. I need to use it in
: >a document but am not sure if it is:
: > Plug & Play
: > Plug-n-Play,
: > Plug and Play
: >or Plug N' Play.

: I don't think there is any official way to spell it. I prefer Plug-n-Play
: myself (no specific reason, except maybe that it's easily shortened to PnP :)

No offial useage that I know of. The closest thing is VXIplug&play systems
alliance, a group of companies that manufacture measurement instruments
for the VXI bus. Other than that, I've seen it every which way. I think our
magazine uses "plug and play."

* Martin Rowe * / \
* Technical Editor * / \ /\
* Test & Measurement World *___/ \ / \ /\ ___
* tmweditr -at- world -dot- std -dot- com * \ / \/ \/
\/