Re: PET PEEVE #3148

Subject: Re: PET PEEVE #3148
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 21:47:11 -0600

On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Debbie Molinaro wrote:

> How does PageMaker accomplish the tasks of Cross Referencees,
> pagination, book and TOC generation, anchored frames, etc.?
> Frankly, If I thought PageMaker could accomplish any of those tasks,
> I'd dump FrameMaker. And I suspect Adobe wouldn't have gone through
> all the trouble to buy something they already had.

PageMaker 5.0 can create indexes, provide a book function, and generate a
TOC. However, I think FrameMaker is superior in performing these
functions. There are other tasks that Frame does that PageMaker does
not. This does not alter the fact that having learned one made it easier
to get up to speed in the other.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu