Re: TOC in MS Word???

Subject: Re: TOC in MS Word???
From: Howard <howardg -at- SAVVY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 16:18:27 -0400

Re: ToC in MS Word

I am too lazy to deal with inserting fields, so I use the Headings
styles. Assign the headings1-9 to the sections.
Click Insert/Index and Tables..., then select ToC, modify
ShowLevels (default is 3), and Word creates a ToC using the headings
assigned as heads and sub-heads. A veritable piece of cake -- assuming
you're not on a diet or anything.

Technical Writer
Computer columnist for _Ohio Valley Computing_
Co-Author of the IDG book _Internet Gizmos for Windows_