Re: lexocographical

Subject: Re: lexocographical
From: Pat Madea <madea -at- MMSI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 09:53:09 MST

And Sue Heim wrote:

>Maybe the correct word that should have been used (instead of
>"lexicographical") is "abecedarian." Of course, had someone actually
>used that word in a user's doc, the user would have run screaming
>for the nearest dictionary!

And I agree with Sue when she further writes that it's important to
write to the LCD (Least Common Denominator) whenever possible and
avoid ten-dollar words. However, what is the word that describes
ASCII-ordered?

If I remember correctly, the original poster needed a
term (hopefully other than lexicographic) to describe ASCII order,
which is neither alpha nor numeric. As far as I know, lexicographic
is computer jargon for ASCII order.

Is there another word for ASCII order?

madea // madea -at- mmsi -dot- com