Opinions/experience with BeyondPress for Quark

Subject: Opinions/experience with BeyondPress for Quark
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 11:06:47 EDT

I've been asked to look into a product called BeyondPress, a Quark XTension
manufactured by Astrobyte.

The product sounds quite promising. It presents all the components of a Quark
document as items in a folder and lets the user drag&drop them onto an outline
that then displays them as if they were being seen in a Web browser. It is also
said to offer "extensive image conversion capabilities." In my experience,
they'd better be pretty gosh-darn extensive, because the sorts of graphics
people are likely to embed in Quark documents are the same sorts of graphics
that cause me to go for coffee when they start coming in over my 14.4 modem.
But I digress....

Has anyone had a chance to play with this product yet? If so, any impressions?

Thanks and best regards,

/chet

Chet Ensign
Director of Electronic Documentation
Logical Design Solutions
571 Central Avenue http://www.lds.com
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 censign -at- lds -dot- com [email]
908-771-9221 [Phone] 908-771-0430 [FAX]