Re: Win'95 handing our directories over to MS?????

Subject: Re: Win'95 handing our directories over to MS?????
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 19:20:38 -0700

Chet Ensign said:
> Can anyone verify this? And if it turns out to be true, doesn't it seem
> surprising that people are not raising h*** about it?

This is an *option*. This is not a new feature--other software
companies have been doing this for some time.

> I think that they should have to ask first, not just vacuum clean it
> off your system.

They DO ask. You can check the box that says you don't want it to
happen, and if you do want it to happen, you can review the
information before it is sent to Microsoft.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com