Re: Against "we"

Subject: Re: Against "we"
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 14:57:50 -0500

Mark L. wrote in part:

> Rather than "we recommend"
> I try to use an imperative, or "you should."

Good point. I was thinking about scholarly papers rather
than instructional material when I said to use "we recommend"
vs. "it is recommended."

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
technical writer Society for Technical Communication
COREStaff Communication Svcs.

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.