brochure help, editing concerns from student tech writer

Subject: brochure help, editing concerns from student tech writer
From: Brenda Mattick <Brenda -dot- Mattick -at- UTS -dot- EDU -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 20:55:46 +1000

>From: Raymond Chenier <rchenier -at- WRITER -dot- SYNAPSE -dot- NET>
>Subject: Brochure help, editing concerns from student tech writer.

>Any advice on this? At the moment, I am a one person operation at home and it
> has

You've ventured into the world of information design, graphic design and
desktop publishing!

For starters, I recommend sources like _Desktop Publishing by Design_
(Shushan and Wright, Microsoft Press); _How to Produce Creative
Publications_ (Bivins and Ryan, NTC Business Books) and anything by Roger
Parker eg Looking Good in Print: A Guide to Basic Design for Desktop
Publishing. There's also a _DTP for Dummies_. (don't be put off by the
title!)

These books are good introductions to the process of planning and
designing for print. They cover basic design principles and include
special sections on specific formats eg flyers, brochures and newsletters.
Good Luck, Brenda Mattick

<> Brenda Mattick

<> Department of Media and Text
<> University of Technology, Sydney