Re: Need Advice About Capturing and Printing Graphics with Word 6.0

Subject: Re: Need Advice About Capturing and Printing Graphics with Word 6.0
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 14:52:43 -0800

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> I'm running into a wall today for capturing and importing a Windows screen
into
> an MS Word 6.0 (Windows) document. It surely seems like a simple matter.
But no
> matter which options or formats I try, the imported (and printed) result
is a
> jaggedy bitmapped image.

> I'm using HiJaak PRO to capture the image (using EPS; and TIF). TIF
supposedly
> works the best (and at least it works), but the result seems bitmapped.
EPS
> won't import into Word properly and three-quarters of the graphic displays
as
> junk.
Ya, use the Print Screen key. Windows by default captures it (the screen)
clipboard. If you only wanna capture an active window use ALT-Print Screen.
Open up Windows paint. Edit>paste. This gives ya the image.. now, without
touching the image, grab the edit pulldown and select copy to. Then follow
the instructions. This gives ya a bmp file. they are fine to use. I did a
whole manual without any third party grabbers. Only thing is, you HAVE to
be in 640x480x256 mode for the "built in" windows grabbing to work properly.
If this doens't make sens much, email me and I'll give ya explicit
instructions.

Ciao

Stui
--