Does ISO 9000 offer opportunities for Technical Communicators?

Subject: Does ISO 9000 offer opportunities for Technical Communicators?
From: Stephen Schiller <smschill -at- SOFTART -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 18:06:31 -0500

Hi All,

Is anyone out there writing procedures and policies for companies striving
for ISO 9000 certification? Are there many jobs available? What kind of
certification would I need to work in this area? I'm finishing up work on my
master's degree in technical communication, and I am looking for ways to
apply my skills outside of the computer industry.

Please respond to me personally, or to the list.

Any thoughts or advice on this subject appreciated,
Stephen Schiller
smschill -at- softart -dot- com

(my comments are my own, and do not represent those of my employer)

Stephen Schiller
smschill -at- softart -dot- com