Multiple ways of doing th

Subject: Multiple ways of doing th
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 17:23:00 UTC

>> 3. List one method as the primary method with a note that there are
>> other ways to do the same task. Give a brief pointer to the other >>
methods.

My preference is to try #3. I would make the primary method the "click on
your selection" method. It wouldn't take much space to explain that you
will explain x method and that a list of keyboard commands is in Appendix A,
if you prefer that method. I would show the method using keyboard commands
in a table. I think people who use keyboard commands do it because they are
quick and to the point (both the people and the commands, that is :-). You
could add this information as a tip in the margin.

IMHO Adding all possible information is a good way to ensure user failure.

Marilynne
m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- gies -dot- com