Re: programming language in maximum demand (fwd)

Subject: Re: programming language in maximum demand (fwd)
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com>
To: Sushil Oswal <oswal -at- frank -dot- mtsu -dot- edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 17:27:08 -0700 (PDT)

I would say that the number one class on your list should be the Intro to
Programming class. There is most likely only one. And, ask around to make
sure that you get a professor who really knows the material and teaches
it well. That will make the biggest impact on how quickly you can learn
other conepts, as well as the programming application of those concepts.

I learned programming with Borland's Turbo Pascal. I give their manual
set the highest marks of any technical writing I've seen before. They
spend the time not only teaching how to use their product, but also going
into good programming concepts (their description of Object Oriented
Programming is the best that I've seen so far, when you take into
consideration how little space they were given in which to do it.

Also, TP is a much less expensive program to buy than C++ ($49.95
student/faculty price for TP, $118.00 price for C++ --and those compare
to $119 street price for TP and $429 street for C++).

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
http://www.crl.com/~techwrtr/index.html