Re: Will PM let me print color and black seperately?

Subject: Re: Will PM let me print color and black seperately?
From: Brian Huntington <brian -dot- huntington -at- MCCAW -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:51:00 PDT

I've used PM 4.0 for printing color separations quite a bit in the past. In
the print options box, click Color, then choose "Print Separations". Then
in the list of colors, check the ones you want to print. Each page will get
its own printout in straight black ink (no grayscale). Then you can
transfer them to film or plates, line them all up, and use each one for the
respective colors. If you include page information and printers marks
(Under the "Options" button in the Print dialog box, you can line them up
pretty easily.) All this should be in the PM books. Try the Commercial
Printing Guide (If it came with your package) or call Adobe customer support
if youstill can't figure it out.

Brian Huntington
brian -dot- huntington -at- mccaw -dot- com
(My own, and not McCaw's, thoughts.)
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: Will PM let me print color and black seperately?
Date: Saturday, August 19, 1995 12:23AM

Hi:
I'm using PM 4.0 and I thought I had found the answer I was looking when I
spotted
spot-color overlays, and I love the knockout feature. When I tried to print
the
publication color it came out in grayscale on my Deskjet 660C.
I want to run the black through an Optra R, and then the color. I tried
cut-and-pasting together a color and a black version of the publication but
that
rendered accurate aligning of color and black components practically
impossible.
I'm hoping PM will let me print the components seperately. Can it?

Thank you,
Raymond Chenier, Tech Writing Student