boom:Would you be angry?

Subject: boom:Would you be angry?
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 12:02:32 -0700

I think we all should go looking for a job every four years or so. Just for
the exercise of updating the resume, sharpening interview skills, finding out
what employers value these days so we can upgrade our skills, and test the
market, including salary available.

While Ms. Kennery is not getting the best from all involved (and those who
should be involved), her VP has a point re: the STC salary survey. It's very
superficial and cries for backup data; I wouldn't rely on it, either.

Getting out there and finding out what they are paying in your area, your
industry, for your background and qualifications, can be a good workout. It
can be an ego booster, a confirmation that you are in the best of all possible
worlds, and a reminder to sharpen up, all at at the same time.

Good luck, everybody!

jb

Jan Boomsliter
408/428-5428