Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 20 Aug 1995 to 21 Aug 1995

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 20 Aug 1995 to 21 Aug 1995
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 20:51:26 -0400

Richard G Harris <rgh -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM> wrote:
>There are all kinds of graphic formats for the PC. I know some things,
>like the difference between a bit-mapped graphic and an object-oriented
>graphic.

>I've learned that *.pcx is a Paintbrush format and *.cdr is a CorelDraw
>file. Does anyone know of something I can read, which summarizes the
>various formats?

Try:
GRAPHICS FILE FORMATS, 2nd Edition
David C. Kay & John R. Levine
Windcrest/McGraw-Hill
(c)1995
ISBN 0-07-034025-0

It covers about 30 common formats, each with its own chapter. Gives
advantages/disadvantages, variants, and details of specific features.

@Kat
Kat Nagel LIFE1 (techwriting) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
MasterWork LIFE2 (music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com
\'o o'/ If more of us valued food and cheer and song
={ ^ }= above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
_____ Thorin Oakenshield