Re: Re[2]: four most-wanted prog. languages

Subject: Re: Re[2]: four most-wanted prog. languages
From: RoseCrowe <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 10:55:00 -0700

On Tue, 22 Aug 1995, James Mathewson wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Aug 1995, Rod Franklin wrote:

> > Do you have any recommendations for prepatory math or other classes for
> > those of us who haven't had formal instruction in a language? I've
> > worked with a lot of end use applications and am thinking I might try
> > a local user's group just to familiarize myself.

> I would suggest taking an advanced logic class or two.

> BTW IMHO C++ FWIW

I would agree with the C++ recommendation. Actually, I would go ahead
and take some Intro to Programming type courses, whatever the language
used, but also try to get some object-oriented C under my belt. I would
skip the logic classes, personally.

Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
*******
Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together
go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
- Mozart