Re: Writer/Engineer Relations [2]

Subject: Re: Writer/Engineer Relations [2]
From: "Dana L. Cadman" <cadman -at- GDLS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 14:54:10 -0400

Paul,

That was a great post about working with engineers. I work with software
developers, who are pretty much of the same breed. I've found that I get
much more cooperation when I let them know that they are part of the writing
process and will continuously involved along the way. I start out by
showing them a preliminary Table of Contents (after finding out from them
what should go into the manual), and letting them know I'll be getting back
with them as soon as I finish Chapter 1. They really like know that they'll
get a chance to "proof" my copy, in case I didn't understand something.
Those who are willing to sacrifice freedom in the name of security will
have neither. - Benjaman Franklin