Re: Software development: they must let us in!

Subject: Re: Software development: they must let us in!
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 15:36:36 -0800

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> I'm real concerned about this picture we're all painting of
> communication lapses between software developers and
> documenters. It is a widespread problem, one I struggle with
> daily.

Ya. I don't know if I've just been spoiled, in the clients I've had, or if
there is a different mind-set up here in Canada. I really can't see it
being the latter, to be perfectly honest, but I've never really had a
problem with the programmers/developers. If I wanted tto know something, I
just walked in and started asking til I found the right person with thee
answers. I do some programmin, so perhaps it is because I tech-talk at the
same level. Though I never really noticed that either. I tdefinately
wasn't becasue I am a man, as two of the manuals I have worked on, had a
woman as the other half of the team and she got the same "sooperation" that
I did. I would like to ask, if people are actually going face-to-face or
using email. If it is the latter, you might wanna try going to their "neck
of the woods". When you are trying to develop/write source, email cna
become more of a hassle that anything else and tend to get either ignored or
turned off til late in the day or week.

Stui
--
stuartr -at- firstgraphics -dot- com