Proposals for papers from Tech Writers

Subject: Proposals for papers from Tech Writers
From: Michael Gos <GOS -at- DT3 -dot- DT -dot- UH -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 10:55:39 -0600

This year, the PCA/ACA is adding a new section on tech writing. We are
particularly interested in having papers from working tech writers and manage-
ment. The "Proceedings" volume provides an opportunity for publication as well.

For two great resume items, and a load of fun, join us!

CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The 17th Annual Conference of
The Texas/Southwest Popular Culture Association
and
The Texas/Southwest American Culture Association

February 8-10, 1996
Tulsa, OK

This year, we are adding a new specialty area, "Technical Writing and the
Culture." We seek proposals for papers from working technical writers and
technical writing management concerning cultural aspects of technical writing.
Subject areas might include, but are in no way limited to:

*Tech Writing and the Changing Corporate Culture
*The WWW and its Affect on American Culture
*Multiculturalism and Technical Writing
*National and Cultural Differences Affecting Technical Writing
*The Culture of Technical Writing
*The Tech Writer in American Culture

In addition to the papers presented at the conference, the PCA/ACA will be
publishing a "Proceedings" volume, giving further opportunity for publication
of selected papers. Graduate students may compete for the Peter C. Rollins
prize.

Send a 250 word proposal along with paper title, your name, e-mail and snail
mail address, and corporate or university affiliation to:

Dr, Michael Gos
Department of English
University of Houston-Downtown
One Main Street
Houston, TX 77002
e-mail: Gos -at- dt -dot- uh -dot- edu

Contact me for any further questions or information

Proposals must be postmarked by December 1, 1995

ACAL WRITING