Re: PC Phobia

Subject: Re: PC Phobia
From: "Kahn, Stacey" <skahn -at- WB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 11:55:15 U

Random musings on possible barriers to accepting PCs:

Knowing how to type --and certainly the act of typing-- was seen as clerical
until recently. Maybe some of that bias against keyboards remains.... the
perception that using a computer is equivalent to doing ones own secretarial
work, that it's demeaning or menial. (I've seen this attitude even in
purportedly "high-tech" companies.)

Can't help with solutions on this one other than to suggest that top management
set the example.

--Stacey Kahn
SKahn -at- wb -dot- com
speaking for myself and not for my employers
who have up to three computers at each desk...