Re: PC Phobia info...

Subject: Re: PC Phobia info...
From: Pat Madea <madea -at- MMSI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 11:37:04 MST

I agree with Marilynne's thoughts on PC phobia, especially her comment

<snip, snip>

>I think the main reason for computer phobia is the fear of looking foolish
>or the deep down fear that maybe you won't be able to learn it. We know
>that isn't realistic, but it isn't universal belief.

I was talking with a friend of mine who writes plays and screen plays
and still writes them on a typewriter! While talking with him, I came to the
same conclusion that Marilynne brings up. It seems computer-phobic adults are
not necessarily afraid of computers, but are afraid of "not being able
to learn" and are afraid of being perceived as "ignorant." As we all
know, that is not the case, but it seems to be a "universal belief."

madea // madea -at- mmsi -dot- com